The Joint Committee for Children’s Health Care in Everett (Joint Committee), a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization established in 1994, seeks to fill the position of Executive Director. This position will have on-going management responsibilities for the activities and staff of the organization and will report to the Joint Committee Board President and Board of Directors. As the practical visionary hired, the selected candidate will have a unique opportunity to continue building and improving on the firm foundation this organization has established. Please see the job description attached.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must a send a cover letter, resume, professional references and salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be received until position is filled. Salary will commensurate with experience with an excellent benefit package the Joint Committee for Children’s Health Care in Everett and The City of Everett and are equal opportunity employers.
The JCCHCE is a community-based organization that firmly believes in the right of all people, children, families and individuals to have appropriate, affordable and quality health care and receive the necessary information about available options in order to make informed decisions. It is the intention of the JCCHCE to enable the people it serves to realize their full potential as healthy, productive members of their communities. To these ends, the organization’s mission “ is to ensure that all children and families have access to high quality, comprehensive health care”.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, THE JOINT COMMITTEE FOR CHILDREN’S HEATH CARE IN EVERETT (download .pdf description)
The Joint Committee for Children’s Health Care in Everett (Joint Committee), a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization established in 1994, seeks to fill the position of Executive Director. This position will have on-going management responsibilities for the activities and staff of the organization and will report to the Joint Committee Board President and Board of Directors. As the practical visionary hired, the selected candidate will have a unique opportunity to continue building and improving on the firm foundation this organization has established. The Executive Director will integrate and oversee the expansion of this groundbreaking model established by the Joint Committee for community wellness education and health insurance outreach and enrollment being replicated across the state and country. Since 1994, our mission firmly believes in the right of Everett’s and the surrounding communities’ children, families, and individuals to have the availability of appropriate health care and knowledge which will enable them to become healthy and productive members of the community.
The Joint Committee is a leading example of a successful non-profit 501(c) 3 organization. The Joint Committee remains an integral part of the health insurance access sector and holds a leadership role in Massachusetts. When the groundbreaking Massachusetts’ health reform law of 2006, known as Chapter 58, was passed and implemented into law, the Joint Committee was a key supporter. Subsequently, this legislation was used as a basis for the federal Affordable Care Act. Currently, The Joint Committee holds an essential and fundamental status as a Massachusetts Health Connector Navigator Organization.
The Executive Director will serve as the leader and chief administrator promoting and advancing wellness practices within Everett’s diverse community, by adhering to and enhancing the mission of the Joint Committee. Through the efforts of the Joint Committee, over the course of the twenty-six years, Everett and the surrounding communities of all backgrounds have experienced the rewards of working together to build new bridges to enhance community health for all residents. This has been accomplished by finding new ways to create affordable access to health care, health care awareness and education; and access to healthy food, exercise, and ways to address racial discrimination, and health disparities and to create collaborative civic projects to improve air and water quality.
- Provide leadership and in- depth oversight of all operations of the Joint Committee for Children’s Health Care (Joint Committee) in Everett;
- Provide skilled fiscal management to oversee development and implementation of Joint Committee operations and budgets;
- Ensure all monthly financial records including invoices and payroll are reconciled properly and on schedule;
- Hire, supervise, manage, evaluate and direct all Joint Committee staff, volunteers and interns;
- Develop and maintain formal and informal communications with community stakeholders, Joint Committee partners and board members, in person and through print, broadcast and social media modalities;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with foundation and corporate grant funders, as well as individual donors;
- Work with the fundraising/development committee of the Joint Committee’s board of directors and the Joint Committee’s development consultant to develop grant applications and maintain foundation and corporate relationships;
- Work with the Joint Committee’s board of directors and fundraising/development committee to initiate, develop and maintain financial support relationships with individual donors;
- Monitor and evaluate all program implementation and oversee all record keeping, reports and grant management;
- Oversee data collection of program outcomes and provide appropriate evaluation analysis;
- Develop and monitor strategic plans and other duties as assigned.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with all current and future partners
- Perform any and all duties as assigned by the Joint Committee Board of Directors
- The Executive Director will report directly to Joint Committee Board of Directors
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible administrative and executive management experience in public or nonprofit program leadership;
- Excellent, proven writing and communication skills;
- Experience with developing individual donor programs and fundraising events;
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with experience and/or major study in public, nonprofit, health/business policy and administration, or a related field (A Master’s degree in one of these areas may substitute for fewer years of applied executive experience);
- Knowledge of the health and social service needs of Everett residents, as well as the principles, practices and methods used in the delivery of health and human services in the context of state and local government and community-based organizations;
- Strong leadership, time-management and collaboration skills;
- Knowledge of and experience with strategic plan development and implementation;
- Demonstrate ability to select and train staff, understand and work with a broad diversity of colleagues and community members, develop mutually beneficial partnerships with private and public agencies, and build consensus and resolve conflicts using interest-based approaches;
- Experience in evaluating program outcomes and making recommendations for improved program effectiveness;
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish, Portuguese, or Haitian Creole a plus.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must a send a cover letter, resume, professional references and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. Applications will be received until position is filled. Salary will commensurate with experience with an excellent benefits package. the Joint Committee for Children’s Health Care in Everett and The City of Everett are equal opportunity employers.